Wednesday, December 22, 2010

About My Last Post....

Let's just call it, shall we?  No more of this stuff.  If it isn't directly dealing with Jesus, let's not even worry about it.  Can we do that please?  I apologize.  My curiosity got the best of me there.

Why the heck should I be concerned with angelic things and what the heavens were, are and will be like?  I live on earth.  I don't live in the heavens.....YET!  There will be a time when all that stuff will probably become more important to us, but as it is now, all we should be focused on is Jesus and how to be more like Him.

It is that simple.  The gospel is all we need.  Everything else is extra.  Jesus is the key to everything.  Without Him, nothing makes sense.  Without Him, we are doomed.

I feel as if I was following the path of Adam and Eve when they decided to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.  They just wanted to know everything.  That same curiosity bubbles up inside of me.  As far as I can tell, it is both a blessing and a curse.  I desperately am seeking truth.  Jesus is the Truth though, and I already know Him.  I am completely satisfied, and even overwhelmed, with Jesus.  The mysteries of God are so deep that there are many that He intentionally hides from us and will not let us know.  Men have stumbled because they wanted to know those forbidden things.  I have firmly decided that I will not be one of those men.  I have decided to be a slave of Christ Jesus my King.

I don't want to know the names of all the archangels.  I don't want to know the names of all the fallen angels.  I want to know Jesus' voice through His Spirit.  I want to know the POWER of His name.  I want to sit in my room for hours laying on my little yoga mat thing that I have and just listen to worship music and talk to Jesus, my King, my Lord, my Savior, my friend, my guide, my mentor, my teacher, my hope, my protector, my everything.

Jesus, as you watch me post this blog, please turn my heart FULLY to you and no one else.  I don't care about Satan.  I don't care about demons.  I don't care about angels.  I don't care about Michael and Gabriel.  I don't care about Paul or Peter or David or John or Moses.  Which of these saved me from sin?  I don't care about heaven or hell.  I don't care about the Occult.  I don't care about my career.  I don't care about my happiness.  If it pleases you, as hard as this is for me to say, take away my friends.....take away my wealth......take away my gifts......take away my blessings.  I want to please no one but you.  I could care less if the President of the United States honored me.  I could care less about garnering the praises of the masses.  I ONLY want to receive honor from YOU.  Lead me to act in ways that grant me only more favor with you.  My deepest desire.....deeper than my desire for a wife, deeper than my desire to be famous, deeper than my desire to have kids.....is to please you and to walk in your will.  Please let me speak nothing but truth.  Please let me know you better so that I can love you more.  Please severely punish all those evil spirits that oppose you and that deceive your people and that pull us away from you.  Please deal with them swiftly so that we don't have to deal with that garbage anymore.

Tell the Father I said what's up and that I love Him.

Moral of the story.....Jesus is the key to everything.  He is all that matters.  He is the hero of humanity.  Blessed be His name above all other names forever.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEASE be glorified in this world in this generation.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya bud, may we all not get caught up looking at the arrows of information that are there only to point us to Jesus and to glorify Him. I'm gonna pray for you this morning, I am in a similar boat at heart, I don't care if anything goes right in my life anymore, I just need Him.

    ReplyDelete